Thursday, June 27, 2013

2013 in Movies #3

Oslo, 31. august


  

Last night I watched the film Oslo, 31. august. To me it was such a touching movie and I loved it very much. It shows 34 year old Anders, a recovering drug addict in Oslo trying to take his life back and go back into the world after 10 months of rehab and being clean. He tries to get back in touch with his ex girlfriend, family, and old friends in this film that chronicles a very important day of his life.
A very heart wrenching story with beautiful cinematography showing the true beauty of Oslo.
Personally I connected with Anders because this film just shows how truly isolated and alone he feels. I struggle with borderline personality disorder and depression, which really affect my ability to be around people so I isolate myself. It was almost like I saw myself in his eyes in the scenes where he had that void look like there was no hope.

I read the significance of the title and date; in Norway August 31st shows the end of summer. It's a transitional time and that can really be applied to Anders life: a time to transition back to normal.

Such a great film and I definitely recommend it.

The trailer for the film:

No comments:

Post a Comment