Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Stamp Covered Box

A while ago I came across this project idea a little bit after I had started postcrossing.
I thought it was so cute, but I didn't have enough stamps or anything really to put it on.
After a few months of collecting stamps off the occasional envelope and from the direct swaps/ pen pal interaction I finally had enough.

First I started off with this regular box from my local craft store:

 I selected a paint color called beach glass that I love and began to slowly pain the whole thing with a few layered coats. Minty colored things are so pretty:)


 Then I had to remove the papery backs from the stamps by putting them in a low simmering pot on the stove, after a few minutes they will slide right off. Sometimes they are a bit stubborn and you will need to slowly peel it off.
After that process was over I sorted them according to country!
Can you recognize any popular stamps from your country?


 Then I placed them down in the style that I liked (this process took a little while!) and then glued them down with a regular clear glue stick. Once they are dry and secured the next step is to put a sealing glue finish on it. I used the Americana brand decoupage finish and voilĂ  my finished project!





1 comment:

  1. So cool! I see some of my stamps :)
    Today I received the German stamp right under the princesses stamp that I sent you.

    ReplyDelete