Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Travel Journal




I have made a travel journal finally! I made it almost a week ago, but have been too busy to properly upload pictures here.


Using just a cardboard notebook, some washi tape, map/travel related scrapbook paper, things taken off envelopes from postcrossing, and travel stickers.









 
 This is the front! I just cut off parts of the map scrapbook paper and arranged it in the corners. I took the luftpost piece from an envelope from Germany and the par avion from an envelope I received from China, I like how the Chinese symbols and plane are all done by hand:)


On the inside I put in envelope to hold things, but I might change it a bit. I'm thinking about stamping something on it. I also made an origami envelope with scrapbook paper. You only need 15cmx15cm paper.
This is the video I used to make it:
  
     

I've put a piece of scrapbook paper down just to decorate it some so it doesn't look boring.  


 The back! I cut out the globe to make it circular and just pasted it down. I might add stuff onto the journal as I travel.
I will make a page for my trip to Honduras last year and my spring break this year in Virginia Beach.
A friend of mine in London also invited me to come over next summer and we might go backpacking through Europe! I cannot wait to take it with me.


This is a simple and fun craft and I would recommend making one to document your travels:)

No comments:

Post a Comment